The health and safety of GoRaleigh’s customers and employees remain our top priority. Beginning May 24, in order to provide additional seats on our buses for social distancing, all GoRaleigh routes will be operating on their normal weekday schedules.
GoRaleigh’s R-Line will begin operating on its new route ending at 6 p.m. nightly.
Services operated by GoRaleigh under contract will operate as follows:
- The 40X Wake Tech Express will remain on its modified schedule
- FRX Fuquay-Varina will return to regular service on July 6
- ZWX Zebulon-Wendell will return to regular service on July 6
- WRX Wake Forest will return to regular service on July 6
- Wake Forest Loop will return to regular service on May 24
Customers will continue to be asked to board buses using the rear doors in an effort to promote greater social distancing. GoRaleigh cannot collect fares at the rear doors, therefore fare collection will continue to be suspended. Front door access will be available for persons with disabilities.
GoRaleigh standard sized buses will allow up to 16 passengers to comply with social distancing practices. If a bus reaches full capacity and resources are available at the time, a tripper bus will be sent to pick up any remaining passengers.
For the safety of the operators and passengers, we encourage wearing a face covering of some form on all buses.
While all GoRaleigh facilities and buses are cleaned, fueled and checked as part of standard daily GoRaleigh operations, in response to COVID-19, GoRaleigh has taken additional precautionary measures including:
- spraying and wiping all bus areas with Clorox commercial disinfecting spray;
- spraying and wiping door handles, common areas and surfaces throughout GoRaleigh facilities multiple times a day with Clorox commercial disinfecting spray;
- providing sanitizing wipes for all GoRaleigh staff including bus operators;
- installing sanitizing pumps throughout GoRaleigh facilities;
- providing sanitizing pumps for bus operators and public use on all buses;
- social distancing signage for seating on buses;
- weekly fogging of buses with Zep Triton disinfectant;
- nightly fogging with Zep Triton disinfectant for GoRaleigh Station public restrooms;
- N95 mask distribution to all front-line employees;
- glove distribution to all operators;
- spot sanitizing on buses throughout the day;
- chain installed to promote additional social distancing behind bus operator at rear of wheel well; and
- deep cleaning of the entire fleet daily.
Schedule information is available on the GoRaleigh Maps and Schedules page. Our Regional Information Center can answer any specific questions that you may have at 919-485-7433 (RIDE).
For more information on the local response to the virus, please visit Wake County’s COVID-19 page at www.wakegov.com/covid19. For up-to-date City of Raleigh COVID 19 information, visit www.raleighnc.gov.